RSS

Quart Size First Aid Kit

My quart size first aid kit is a must for travel to Disney or anywhere for that matter. You don't want to have to go to first aid for a simple injury. I always carry mine with me in my purse and have used it at the park and other daily activities at home. I thought I would share my idea with you. I call it this because it all fits in a quart size Ziploc bag.

It starts with a Johnson and Johnson travel first aid kit. They cost about a dollar and are in the travel section at stores like Target and Walmart. (You can use the $1 off coupon for any J&J product and get them for free. I have a stash of about 10 that I got for free) The kit contains 2 cleansing wipes, 2 gauze pads, 2 knuckle band aids, and 6 band aids in 2 sizes. This is a great start. I have extra kits in my car, kitchen, purse, etc. Just add a tube of Neosporine and you are good to go.

I then have two types of Neosporine plus pain relief. One is the cream and the other is the spray. The small tube of cream will fit inside the little first aid box. The spray is great for skinned knees.

I also have a tube of kids after bite. This works on bee stings as well as mosquito bites.

A 2oz bottle of hand sanitizer.

Additional band aids I put in the first aid kit box.

Bottle of children's Tylenol meltaways.

A small stick of Neutragena suntan lotion. This is great to use on the face. Just in case I think they need a little on the face, ears, or back of the neck.

A few hair ties (for my daughter and optional)

Unless everything is under 3 oz (I think the Neosporine is 4oz) you cannot take this in your carryon on the airplane. I put it in my suitcase but then move it to my diaperbag or purse when we get there.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so handy. I can see a lot of uses for this. What a great idea.

Kerry said...

What a great post Allison! I was looking for something like this since it is the beginning of summer :)

Anonymous said...

This first aid kit has helped me and others. A great idea. Everything you need and compact.

Post a Comment